MENU
Filed under Peanuts, Showcase

The scoop on Jack Reuter

Back to Article
Back to Article

The scoop on Jack Reuter

Jack Reuter, ‘23, is a WHHS junior high lacrosse player who has been playing the sport for four years. He has high ambitions, hoping to eventually play for a Division 1 school, and is motivated by his coach to keep working hard and improving on the sport he loves.

Courtesy Jack Reuter

Courtesy Jack Reuter

Courtesy Jack Reuter

Spring is a busy time for WHHS as students prepare for the many different sports and activities the school has to offer.
One of these spring sports is lacrosse. Both boys and girls, get ready to suit up for the first practice of the junior high lacrosse team. One player being Jack Reuter, ‘23.

Reuter has played lacrosse for four years and is planning on playing again this year. But many things come into play when getting ready for a new season.

Reuter is one of the many hardworking and driven players on the team. In just the offseason alone, Reuter puts in about 15 hours a week in work from exercises such as weightlifting, sprints and fieldwork.

“I’m encouraged to play sports because I’m passionate for them and I want to see myself become the best at something,” Reuter said. Reuter is always trying to improve himself on and off the field.

“I have been getting ready for the upcoming season by weightlifting, studying film and taking my on-field technique to a new level,” Reuter said. His offseason training is just one aspect of getting ready for the new season.

Reuter often looks up to coach Kendal Fitzgerald, considering him as a role model because he has been through a lot and he helps everyone on the team to become more disciplined and mentally strong.

“Enjoy the game while you have an opportunity to play it,” Reuter said. He means that lacrosse is a difficult sport and you should be optimistic and have fun while you play it.

Reuter lives by a quote from John Madden. “The road to easy street goes through the sewer.” Reuter loves the fact that this quote speaks to him saying that getting to where you want to be in life is not going to be easy. Reuter believes this relates to lacrosse directly.

“If lacrosse was an easy sport then everyone would be really good at it, but instead you’ve got to keep working hard and putting in time to get better.”

Reuter loves the feeling he gets from being on the field. “Every time I hop on the field for a practice or a game, I just get really excited and I think of it as such a blessing.”

When making goals like these in life, you have to be able to put in the time and effort that Reuter does to become a success.
Reuter is planning on playing in college and is even hoping to go to a Division 1 school.

For more information about the team, you can go to the WHHS lacrosse website to find out about the team, practices, games and more at http://www.walnuthillseagles.com/athletics/staff.aspx?s=14.

About the Writers
Hajra Munir, Peanuts Writer

In her first year as a Chatterbox staff member, Hajra Munir is passionate to work as a writer for the Peanuts section. A goal for her work on staff this...

Kaylee Robbins, Sports Writer

In her first year as a Chatterbox staff member, Kaylee Robbins hopes to get at least 5 articles published.

Robbins is currently in Newswriting 2.  She...