Boogieing through the bash

Ashlynn Johnson
Jr High students Boogied the night away during the Oct 27. Boogie Bash. Students dressed up in costume for the dance which took place in the Jr High gym.

The Boogie Bash was an exclusive event for the seventh and eighth graders held on Oct. 27 in the Jr. high gym. The dance was described as a success by many in attendance. Many people found the dance to be fun with great food and decorum.

“The Boogie Bash was really fun and just hanging out with friends in general,” Haven Sorensen, ‘28 said. 

Lexi Rushing, ‘28 agreed that it was a very fun and well-planned event. 

“I would be willing to go to other events planned by the Student Congress and parent planners,” Rushing said. 

Ashley Tolonsky, a parent planner and returning helper from last year’s Boogie Bash, was one of the main planners of the event. Tolonsky was very confident in the dance.

“I’m really excited it will be really fun,” Tolonksky said.

According to Tolonsky, more tickets were sold and more people volunteered this year than last year. 

Tolonksy has experience with planning parties. 

“I have planned many parties, one was the called Pumpkin Chuck,” Tolonsky said.“Many people also helped with snacks and chaperoning at this event.”

Decorations and set up for school dances require planning and coordinated effort.  Tolonsky organized the donation of decorations from families. 

Tolonsky was busy with “just everything from Amazon being shipped to my house and bringing it to the school all week.”

Tolonsky also added, “I was thrilled to first help plan 2 years ago and just being part of it and being behind the scenes and meeting the parents.” Tolonsky was enthusiastic about the whole event and gave great views and reasons on why she loved helping with the boogie bash.

“The general vibe is going to be good. The kids are going to be happy, everyone’s happy,” Tolonsky said.

Sorensen and Rushing also agreed that the vibe was good during the dance. The only issue for the two was that it was very hot in the gym. This was one of, if not the only thing disliked about the event. 

Many people took a great liking to one of the many decorations at the Boogie Bash which is the Taylor Swift Skeleton. Many found this skeleton appealing and funny at the event.

Overall the Boogie Bash was a big success and many who attended had a good time.

$3850
$4500