Back in business

This+is+the+official+cover+photo+for+Wally%2C+the+anonymous+and+opinionated+SENIOR+columnist+for+the+Chatterbox.+
Ea Perkins
This is the official cover photo for Wally, the anonymous and opinionated SENIOR columnist for the Chatterbox.

All views shared in the Opinions section of the Chatterbox belong to their respective authors, and may not represent the views of the publication as a whole.

Hey Eagles, 

Wally Hill here. Did you miss me? I’m back and (objectively) better than ever, under the domain of a new SENIOR Chatterboxer. As Wally, I am just a figurehead, essentially serving as the face for my writer each year and a representative of the SENIOR class. 

Throughout the year, I will use this column to share my personal experiences and advice to students on various subjects. I personally believe, however, that everything I share with you needs to be rooted in some sort of science, whether it be a survey, fact or some simple girl math. All jokes aside, any information I give you here will be somewhat factual, even if you’re not into that kind of thing, because it keeps me credible, you know?

Now that I’ve introduced myself, we can get into all of the fun stuff! Since this is a two-parter, I’ll keep this first topic short, but not sweet.

Parking in the student parking lots at 7:50 a.m. is hard. We are all worse drivers when we are tired and the morning traffic drives us all insane. Trust me, I know from experience how embarrassing it is when you don’t park right on the first try, and you have to reverse and pull up a couple of times. 

But, please don’t give up. It’s more embarrassing if you leave your car the horrible way you parked it and find yourself called out during an assembly, in an administrator’s office or on the bad parking Instagram page. So my first words of wisdom for you as Wally are some parking tips I’ve gathered from Acko.com: 

Slow Down! 

I know the warning bell just rang and you can’t risk another tardy, but fashionably late is better than a first-degree misdemeanor. 

Watch your surroundings

Make sure you always know when someone is in front of or behind your car. 

Use Your Mirrors

A little non-scientific personal tip: you should be able to see around half of the back door of the car next to you in your mirror.

Lastly, Use your car’s built-in parking tools

This doesn’t apply to everyone,  but if your car makes a little beeping noise or has any cool safety features that would help you use them. 

Well, that’s all from Wally Hill for now. Until next time! 

$4500
$4500