Dancing through Twilight

Kaylee Robbins

More stories from Kaylee Robbins

The scoop on Jack Reuter
February 26, 2019
Stresses to success
January 29, 2019
Serving up wins
October 9, 2018
Back to Article
Back to Article

Dancing through Twilight

Junior high students pose for a picture at the annual Twilight Ball dance. Colorful decorations adorned the Junior High Gym around them as their classmates danced and enjoyed the night.

Kylie Bridgeman

Kylie Bridgeman

Kylie Bridgeman

Here at WHHS, there are a handful of dances. People all around the school spend weeks, even months, preparing, picking out their outfits, doing their hair and finding dates.

In particular, the junior high Twilight Ball was a real hit. Hundreds of students showed up looking dazzling and ready to party.
Leah Finn, ‘24, said, “The music was fun and the decorations were cool.”

But certain grades had more attendees than others. Many eighth graders, such as Paige Speaker, ‘23, did not attend.
“My friend was not going and I wanted to go over to her house,” Speaker said.

But the ones who did go were happy with how it turned out.

Aliyah Spriggs, ‘23, said, “The dance was fun. There was a dance circle and one girl did the death drop.”

The Twilight Ball was not just fun but also kept the students engaged from the minute it started to the moment it ended.

Tag Berghausen, ‘24, said, “I got there five minutes after seven and the music was going.”

With all the great reviews, the Twilight Ball was a huge hit, and many cannot wait for the same dance next year.