Dancing through Twilight

Kaylee Robbins

More stories from Kaylee Robbins

Student leaders
April 23, 2024
Welcome to the J-lab
February 13, 2024
Remembering Grant
January 3, 2024

Kylie Bridgeman

Junior high students pose for a picture at the annual Twilight Ball dance. Colorful decorations adorned the Junior High Gym around them as their classmates danced and enjoyed the night.

Here at WHHS, there are a handful of dances. People all around the school spend weeks, even months, preparing, picking out their outfits, doing their hair and finding dates.

In particular, the junior high Twilight Ball was a real hit. Hundreds of students showed up looking dazzling and ready to party.
Leah Finn, ‘24, said, “The music was fun and the decorations were cool.”

But certain grades had more attendees than others. Many eighth graders, such as Paige Speaker, ‘23, did not attend.
“My friend was not going and I wanted to go over to her house,” Speaker said.

But the ones who did go were happy with how it turned out.

Aliyah Spriggs, ‘23, said, “The dance was fun. There was a dance circle and one girl did the death drop.”

The Twilight Ball was not just fun but also kept the students engaged from the minute it started to the moment it ended.

Tag Berghausen, ‘24, said, “I got there five minutes after seven and the music was going.”

With all the great reviews, the Twilight Ball was a huge hit, and many cannot wait for the same dance next year.