The Chatterbox

The Chatterbox

The Chatterbox

Polls

What concerts are you planning to go to?

• Taylor Swift (93%, 14 Votes)
  • Drake (7%, 1 Votes)
  • Morgan Wallen (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Young the Giant (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ella Mai (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 15

Loading ... Loading ...

L’s kitchen: Blueberry scones

L Mahler
If you’re feeling fancy, sprinkle some sugar on your scones before baking! (I wasn’t.)

Fruit: some say it’s nature’s candy. That might be a bit of a stretch, but nevertheless, it’s still delicious. Whether or not you agree with that platitude, anyone can make blueberries into this sweet treat! If you need to make sure you have everything, here are the ingredients and supplies you’ll need (don’t worry- everything will be listed in the recipe as well, so you won’t have to glance back up for measurements.)

• 3 cups of blueberries
  • ½ cup and 3 tablespoons of sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 4 cups of flour
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 4 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of heavy cream

For the jam, boil 3 cups of blueberries, ¼ cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a saucepan (or any normal pot) on medium heat. Make sure to stir regularly, or the sugar might burn. Once the mixture has thickened to a relatively viscous consistency, store your jam in the refrigerator.

Next, for the scones, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Now, mix 4 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, 4 teaspoons of baking powder and 7 tablespoons of sugar in a food processor. Then, add 3 tablespoons of room-temperature butter into the mixture, mixing until combined. Add 2 eggs, then gradually add 1 cup of heavy cream in small batches. Once all ingredients are fully incorporated, separate the batter into medium-sized balls and place the scones on a baking sheet with parchment paper, and bake for 10 minutes. Save them for later, or get out your fresh jam and enjoy!

$3850
$4500