Fashion Forward

Regan and Maya Holtzman, ‘21, are WHHS students with an unapologetic fashion sense to match their unrivaled confidence.

Photo courtesy of: Regan Holtzman

Maya and Regan Holtzman, ‘21, express themselves through fashion influenced by pop culture.

There’s no doubt that the students of WHHS all have their own unique styles, and the Holtzman twins are no exception. Regan and Maya Holtzman, ‘21, are WHHS students with an unapologetic fashion sense to match their unrivaled confidence.

The Holtzmans describe their style as colorful, unique and creative with influence from pop culture and 90s wear, but Maya says her style has a bit more of a modern twist than her sister Regan who says that her style is more feminine. 

To copy their clothing wouldn’t be a simple task. They do occasionally shop at stores such as Forever 21 and PacSun, but they get a lot of their clothes from thrift stores around town, which Regan upcycles to add her own personal touch, and sometimes she even makes her own clothes.

Although it would be hard to believe if you saw them now, their style hasn’t always been so bold.

“Throughout the years, there has definitely been improvement. In seventh grade, we were shy and would really only talk to each other and our style reflected that, but as we got more outgoing, our style got more outgoing. We got a lot more compliments which gave us a lot more confidence,”  Regan Holtzman said.

As seventh graders, the Holtzman twins were new to picking out their own clothes because their mom had been the one dressing them in the past, so it was a struggle figuring out what to wear while trying to fit in with the other students. It was a process but over the next few years they developed their style to eventually become what it is today.