MENU
Filed under Style & Culture

Golden Globes Fashion

Back to Article
Back to Article

Golden Globes Fashion

Lupita Nyong’o stood out at the Golden Globes, with her cost effective shoes catching the attention of many. Nyong’o stars in the upcoming horror film Us, which will be released in March.

Courtesy Gage Skidmore/ Flickr

Courtesy Gage Skidmore/ Flickr

Courtesy Gage Skidmore/ Flickr

Everyday a new trend blows up, or a celebrity makes a bold fashion statement, and combined with the changing times leads to new fashion styles. Right now men and women all over the fashion world are taking bold steps and turning to gender-fluid styles, rather than the traditional suit and tie or dress. The Golden Globes were the perfect time to showcase these new fashion trends and Cody Fern, Judy Greer and Billy Porter did not hesitate to display their bold clothing choices on the red carpet.

Cody Fern came to conquer, wearing a sheer top and high waisted pants, with a pair of Tabi heels. Fern also sported dark eye makeup to finish off the look. Along with Fern, Judy Greer strutted the red carpet with a loose fitting black and white suit , challenging the gender-norm of fitted, tight suits. Greer looked stunning while breaking down barriers. One other celebrity that stunned viewers was Billy Porter. Porter came to the Golden Globes flaunting a long, floral cape and a suit to match. For years Porter has challenged the ideas of gender and has done so with impeccable style.

Another eye-catching contender in the game of red carpet fashion was Lady Gaga wearing a custom dress by Pierpaolo Piccioli. It was a lavender dyed dress complimented by a shining diamond necklace by Tiffany & Co. The necklace was worth $5 million and surely complimented the look.

Another eye catcher was Lupita Nyong’o, whose hair was pulled back and pushed up to create a bouffant-effect, which perfectly pairs with the 80s vibe she was giving the night of the Golden Globes. She was wearing a bright blue Calvin Klein dress paired with some earrings, but the most impressive part of the outfit is her shoes! She paired this dress with an Aldo brand Leventer platform heel in silver, worth only $45. This just proves that you don’t have to spend a lot to make a statement.

Nude makeup looks took some prevalence in the Golden Globes. Emma Stone proved that wearing the same tone eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick can look pretty and polished at the same time. Penelope Cruz had an overall very basic light and dark pink toned makeup look. Cruz wore a dark rose eyeshadow with a medium pink blush and a nude lipstick.

Overall the Golden Globes had fashion statements of popping beautiful colors and expensive accessories but with the hint of subtle beautiful makeup looks that help tie in what beauty is all about. Gender fluid styles don’t stop when it comes to the Golden Globes including stunning looks that make a statement and people who know how to rock them.

About the Writer
Ella Morriss, Style & Culture Writer

In her first year as a Chatterbox staff member, Ella Morriss is very excited to work as a Style and Culture journalist. Morriss is eager to start her career...