Retirees: Peggy Groeber

Samantha Gerwe-Perkins

Peggy Groeber works with students in the Student Success Center, and has been since it was founded in 2018.

WHHS prides itself on having a space where students can thrive and reach their true potential. Many of the staff set aside their own personal time to ensure students’ success because of how much they care. One of these people is Peggy Groeber. 

Groeber has worked at WHHS for 11 years. Before she ever became a teacher, she used to work as an engineer. 

She transitioned into teaching and started off at Withrow High School. She came to work at WHHS in 2011 and has been here ever since. 

She started off as a teacher for the previously offered class, study skills until 2018. Later that year, the Student Success Center opened.

Groeber found herself easily adapting to the WHHS’ environment. She thrived in her new position, as being able to help and guide students through their academic journey has not only been her specialty, but her passion as well.

Over the years, she has made a positive impact in the lives of many students. “Ms. Groeber made me realize I had the potential to make it through Walnut’s program and without her I don’t think I would be at this school today,” SENIOR Ximen Morgan said.

While she mainly focused on helping kids academically, she also allowed kids to view her as a safe person to come to when things get too difficult to bear. 

“I remember when [Groeber] brought me aside after she found me crying in the 8th grade and let me just vent. She let me release all of my anger and helped me work through it. I’ll always be grateful to her for that,” SENIOR Jessica Stout said.

While Ms. Groeber will greatly be missed at WHHS, she is ready to start a new chapter in her life. 

“I’m excited to travel around and see all the sight the world has to offer, maybe I’ll stop by in colorado and see Ms. Deitz,” Groeber said.