Tailgate trails expectation

Sammy Griffin

The exclusive 7th and 8th grade tailgate  took place on Sept. 8 on the patio. 

The tailgate had food, drinks, games, fun activities and prizes. The Tailgate lasted from 4:30 p.m.- 6:30 p.m. right before the varsity boys football game. The reviews about the tailgate had a lot of mixed feelings.

Kamryn Jackson, ‘28, thought the tailgate wasn’t as good as it was last year. One of the many things that Jackson disliked about the tailgate was the location and the amount of bees. Jackson said there was a crazy amount of bees, and the balcony wasn’t big enough for everyone. These are two of many reasons why Jackson, along with others felt the tailgate wasn’t up to the par set last year. 

Jackson felt that the atmosphere of the tailgate could’ve been better.

“Another thing that could’ve been better was the amount of food, the music and the amount of things to do,” Jackson said. 

This feedback can be helpful to the people who put together the tailgate to improve it for next year. A larger variety of food and music options could be helpful in appealing to the wide variety of junior high students.

Jackson goes on to list another thing she felt made last year’s tailgate better than this years.“I knew more people last year, but it could’ve been way better and has room to improve.”

$4500
$4500