The Chatterbox

The Chatterbox

The Chatterbox

Polls

What concerts are you planning to go to?

• Taylor Swift (93%, 14 Votes)
  • Drake (7%, 1 Votes)
  • Morgan Wallen (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Young the Giant (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ella Mai (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 15

Loading ... Loading ...

Top 5 makeup essentials for an everyday look

Whether you want to fit in or stand out, makeup can be a form of self-expression for everyone. The choice of  bold eyeliner or red lipstick can show off your personality to others, and also give you confidence in your appearance. Putting on makeup in the mornings before school is the highlight of my day, because I can solely focus on myself and mentally get into the right headspace for the events to come. Whatever makeup means to you, here are some staples for a natural, everyday look:

A good lipstick or gloss can really pull your look together.
(Used with permission from Jeev Sampath)
  • L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Original Mascara

Mascara is arguably one of the most crucial makeup products, as it draws attention to your eyes. L’Oreal’s Telescopic has a thin applicator, which is ideal for separating your eyelashes, and reduces unwanted residue on the eyelid. Its buildable formula provides your lashes with length without being too clumpy. This mascara also comes in Waterproof, which lasts through sweat, rain and even tears from math homework.

• Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush

Adding blush to your look can add youthfulness and dimension to your face. This one from Rare Beauty, Selena Gomez’s brand, has a highly pigmented formula that comes in both matte and dewy finishes, so it’s suitable for both oily and dry skin. It also has shades ranging from deep purples to vibrant oranges, which is perfect for cool and warm undertones. I recommend shades “Hope” and “Happy” for lighter skin tones, and “Grateful” and “Lucky” for darker skin tones.

• Kosas Revealer Concealer

Concealer is perfect for when you want to cover up a pimple or dark circles but don’t want to wear a full face of foundation. It is difficult to find a concealer that has good coverage and a wide shade range, yet isn’t cakey and doesn’t crease, but this Kosas concealer comes close. The key to concealer is using a shade that is one to two shades lighter than your overall skin tone under your eye, but using one that is the same shade as your skin tone on pimples and blemishes.  

• DIOR Addict Lip Glow Oil 

The DIOR Lip Glow Oil serves as both a moisturizing balm and a slightly-pigmented gloss, making it perfect for everyday. If you prefer a more pigmented color, it makes the perfect topcoat to add shine on top of lipstick. It comes in eight different shades, including Mahogany, a beautiful autumnal maroon. The Clarins Lip Comfort Oil is a slightly cheaper alternative that delivers the same color and moisturizing qualities.

• Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray

Something in the school air somehow always makes my makeup disappear, which is why setting your makeup with a spray or powder is so important. This setting spray by Urban Decay can withstand anything from summer workouts to swimming pools. All you need is two or three spritzes at the end of your makeup routine and your makeup will not move. 

$3850
$4500