The Chatterbox

The Chatterbox

The Chatterbox

Polls

What concerts are you planning to go to?

• Taylor Swift (93%, 14 Votes)
  • Drake (7%, 1 Votes)
  • Morgan Wallen (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Young the Giant (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ella Mai (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 15

Loading ... Loading ...

Junior high vs high school sports

Made by Iman Divanovic on Canva
Left: The junior high football team lines up, shaking hands with the other team after the game Right: The high school football team runs onto the field before the game starts.

Junior high sports often get overlooked, especially since high school sports get much more publicity and higher attendance rates. This tends to be because anyone from any grade can go and the skill level is normally better in high school. That being said, junior high students Alex Flamme, ‘28, Ayana Slayton, ‘29 and Quinn Gailar, ‘29 let us know whether or not they go to junior high sports games and if they prefer to go to junior high or high school sports games.

Flamme does not go to junior high sports games.

“I just don’t have the time and energy,” Flamme said. Flamme sometimes goes to high school games because “they are generally better.”

Flamme prefers to go to high school sports games because there are “better players, more action [and] better teams,” Flamme said.

Slayton goes to junior high football and basketball games because she has to cheer. Slayton also goes to high school football and basketball games.

“I want to see my friends and watch the game,” Slayton said.

Like Flamme, Slayton prefers to go to high school sports games, but for a different reason.

“[High school games] are more hype and it’s more fun,” Slyaton said.

Most, but not all of the students interviewed said they preferred to go to high school sports games.

Gailar goes to the junior high soccer games.

“I know people on the team so I go and support them,” Gailar said.

Gailar sometimes goes to the high school games.

“I don’t have as much time now as I did on the first week of school, also it is really expensive,” Gailar said.

Unlike the majority, Gailar prefers to go to junior high sports games because it’s “cheaper and I know people.”

$4500
$4500