Meeting a new face at WHHS

Sheree Scott is the new secretary in the tenth and eleventh grade office. Scott enjoys spending time with her 3-year-old son.

Allyson Garth

Delaney Owens, Editor in Chief

A phone in a nearby office rings over the clicks of restless fingers typing away at a keyboard. The door opens, letting the murmur of the hallways drift into office 2209. The tenth and eleventh grade office is constantly bustling. Within her first few weeks at WHHS, new secretary Sheree Scott has already met hundreds of WHHS students and staff. Scott’s first day at WHHS was Sept. 29, filling the position of recently retired Debbie Love. Previously, she was an administrative assistant at Manpower, an employment agency. This is Scott’s first time working in a public school. So far, Scott is enjoying working at WHHS. “It’s never the same thing,” Scott said, “there’s always something new.” As the secretary in Jerron Gray’s office, Scott directs a fast paced environment. She helps students, administrators, coaches, and unshakable Chatterbox reporters, all with a smile. “It’s busy from seven o’clock when the doors open to when I leave, which is good. You know you’re helping people get stuff done,” Scott said. In her free time, Scott enjoys shopping, watching movies and spending time with her 3-year-old son. Scott’s advice to students was to be kind to each other. She recalled being bullied herself in junior high, and would hate for others to experience bullying, “Try to be nice to each other, especially when it’s a new kid. Take it easy on the new kids,” she said. The Chatterbox is happy to welcome Scott to the WHHS community.