The Chatterbox

The Chatterbox

The Chatterbox

Polls

What concerts are you planning to go to?

• Taylor Swift (93%, 14 Votes)
  • Drake (7%, 1 Votes)
  • Morgan Wallen (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Young the Giant (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Ella Mai (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 15

Loading ... Loading ...

The thrilling Twilight Ball

Fiona Kelley, ’28, poses with her friends, ready to have good night at the Twilight Ball. ” I think this [dance] is gonna be really fun,” Kelley said.

Effies and E-flats alike took to the dance floor on April 19 for their spring dance, the Twilight Ball. Students dressed to impress in their semi-formal attire, for a night full of food, friends and fun. 

Having experienced the Boogie Bash in the fall and other dances at WHHS before, students were excited for the night. 

“I think it’s really fun. You can hang out with friends and it’s just a good experience,” Sophia Puthoff, ‘28, said. 

Caleb Hawkins, ‘28, shared the same thoughts about the dance. “It’s really fun and energetic,” Hawkins said. 

Students were served pizza as well as plenty of other snacks and desserts and even had the opportunity to have professional photos taken. 

“I love the picture booth. That’s my favorite part about this [dance],” Hawkins said. 

The DJ played songs ranging from Taylor Swift to Tamia; however, some students felt that the playlist didn’t meet their expectations.

“I think [the Twilight Ball] is great, but it needs better music. They’ve got some good songs but they need more,”  Moumine Ahamat-sali, ‘28, said.

Regardless, students still danced the night away, doing classic dances like the Whip and Nae Nae and Swag Surfin’. 

Later on, Twilight Ball royalty was announced with Ellis Desrochers, ‘29, and Olive Grego, ‘29, winning Regis Filius and Regia Filia, and Jonny Lippert, ‘28, and Lilly Campbell, ‘28, winning Rex and Regina. 

Overall, junior high students enjoyed the Twilight Ball and hope next year’s dance will be just as successful.

$4500
$4500