Perfect presents

Lael Ingram
Holiday Shopping Stats! (Made on Canva by Lael Ingram)

Holiday shopping: Finding gifts for the holidays can prove to be a difficult task for many who don’t know what to get for their family and friends. Here’s a holiday shopping guide with some of the most popular items this year that might save your loved one from a lump of coal in their stocking:

Less expensive items: Candles, mugs and cosmetics are all great if you’re looking for less expensive items for your loved ones. Usually ranging somewhere between $5 to $25, you can find them in almost any store, with T.J. Maxx and Target having nice deals. 

More expensive items: A new pair of shoes, whether they’re sandals or sneakers, can be the perfect gift that won’t go unused. Another safe bet is perfume and cologne, which can be gifted to all ages. Finally, If you really want to splurge, electronics like iPhones, headphones, and gaming consoles are great for friends addicted to screens.

If you’re still struggling with the idea of gifting material things, friends and family will always enjoy something homemade. Sentimental gifts, like photo albums, letters or gifts based on inside jokes, are nice ways to express your gratitude and are often worth more than any object you can find in stores. 

TikTok shop: With the introduction of the TikTok shop, products from all over the world have gone viral. Items ranging from niche crafts to famous product dupes have blown up due to their unrealistically cheap prices and the unique video review system that TikTok provides for its users. Now, many are wondering whether these products are actually worth their money. Here are some of the best products TikTok shop has to offer:

• Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm: This smooth, glossy lip balm comes in several scented shades and can also serve as an overnight lip mask. Priced at $24, this upscale lip balm is the perfect cosmetic stocking stuffer this year. 
  • Sunset Lamp: If you’re looking for some cool lighting for your bedroom this year, try a sunset lamp. Priced for as low as $2, The lamp comes with a battery-operated remote to help you change between color settings and a compact design, taking up just a little bit of space. 
  • The Stanley: Much like the craze of the Hydroflask in 2020, The Stanley tumbler has definitely stolen the title of the most popular cup this year. Originally priced at $45, The cup has hot and cold temperate control and holds around 40 oz. of liquid at a time. However, many independent sellers on TikTok are selling duplicates of the cup for much cheaper than the real deal. 

While the cheap prices may seem like the perfect way to save money, beware of unverified sellers, low-quality knock-offs and lengthy shipping times. So, check product reviews and order far in advance to avoid any last-minute gift disasters.

$3850
$4500