Cincinnati has some of the best vintage stores – each one with its own unique look and feel. (Kate Stiens)
Cincinnati has some of the best vintage stores – each one with its own unique look and feel.

Kate Stiens

The best vintage in 513

November 16, 2021

Kate Stiens

Mannequin Boutique

Mannequin Boutique in Over the Rhein (OTR) is the perfect spot for the more feminine shoppers who are looking for both style and to support a cause. Every piece is donated to the store and 100% of proceeds are donated to charities, usually in the social service department, such as food banks, homeless, spay and neuter clinics and Red Cross.
Moe Rouse, the store owner, opened Mannequin in 2010 on Vine St. after taking over a clothing charity during her years working as a college professor, but has been located in the OTR area ever since.
Rouse goes to see shows at the MET in New York and derives her style and fashion knowledge from traveling experience, but she got into this business mainly for the charity.
There is a variety of vintage women’s clothing including sweaters, blazer and skirt sets, formal dresses, etc. available at Mannequin Boutique for purchase, but make sure to talk to Rouse while you are at it too; she loves her customers’ enthusiasm.

Kate Stiens

Rad OTR

If you’re into 90’s fashion, Rad OTR is the place for you. Open for almost four years, this small shop is filled with vintage tees, sweatshirts, and sports jerseys; primarily menswear, but anyone is sure to find something to add to their wardrobe. Their flannels and vintage crewnecks are the perfect essentials for the upcoming winter season.
Jackson Klug, employee of 6 months, says that he got into vintage through sustainability.
“I love the environment [at Rad OTR]; I think it’s really relaxed. It’s really interesting to see what people like because people like all different types of [styles],” Kulg said.
Rad OTR sources their vintage from estate sales, markets, and thrift stores, but buys, sells and trades in store as well.
In addition to the many graphic tees and sweatshirts, Rad OTR carries vintage denim as well.
“I think it’s different because all of the clothes are affordable, especially the jeans; I have so many from there,” WHHS student Carmella Knott, ‘24, said.

Kate Stiens

The Daily Vintage

The Daily Vintage, the new hotspot for vintage shoppers in Findlay Market, has a selection for both men and women.
“They have the best selection of 90’s stuff, but they also have 80’s and 70’s and a few items from the 60’s which are extremely hard to find,” Luke Commandeur, ‘23, said.
The Daily Vintage opened Oct. 2, and business has been booming for store owners Bessie Bruns and Ray Moore since day one.
They are both very passionate about buying and selling vintage. Not only is the quality of the clothes great, but it is better for the environment.
“When I was in my 20s, I was looking for more sustainable options and options that didn’t have sweatshops involved,” Bruns said.
Moore followed along in her vintage path when the two started dating.
“She always wanted to go looking for vintage, so it just kind of became natural that I started finding stuff too,” Moore said.
“I think [my favorite part is] seeing customers happy getting unique pieces and finding things that they are really interested in and keeping things out of the landfill,” Bruns said.

$3850
$4500

About the Contributors
Photo of Kate Stiens
Kate Stiens, Managing Editor of Visual Elements

In her fourth year as a Chatterbox staff member, Kate Stiens is ecstatic to work as the Managing Editor of Visual Elements.  She hopes to help her team...

Photo of KatieBeth Christie
KatieBeth Christie, General Reporter

In her first year as a Chatterbox staff member, KatieBeth Christie is excited to work as a writer for the Style and Culture section. This year KatieBeth...

The Chatterbox • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$3850
$4500